Saturday, May 12, 2012

Panera Bread Pompano Beach -Review

Today's review was supposed to be a review of Panera Bread located at 2101 North Federal Highway in Pompano Beach. I showed up wearing my Miami Style official shirt with our logo and intended to sample various items on their menu. Now, we came back to Panera after a long hiatus as the chain stopped serving some of their better soups a couple of years ago. Some other locations in the Miami area have even stopped offering the broccoli cheddar soup. Unfortunately, we were unable to review any of these items for Miami Style or my column with the Examiner. I am only able to say that their customer service at this location is severely lacking.

When I arrived, there were a few customers ahead of me. One of the cashiers finished taking a customer's order and without saying a word, walked away from the register. She began helping out in the kitchen area and I did not see her with gloves on after having handled filthy currency.

Another cashier came up to the second register and started taking the orders of those who arrived several minutes after I did. Neither of these cashiers made eye contact or even acknowledged me.

Disgusted, I left the store and I vow never to return. For the money there are other cafes in the area that provide much better customer service. Take your business there.

No comments:

Post a Comment