Saturday, January 28, 2012

A very colorful Ultra Modern House


This isn't a dollhouse. This is a full scale house in Long Island called Maison Plastique, a cubist 1,100 square foot color home on the Shelter Island Pavilion. It was built by the Stamberg Aferiat Architecture group. I love this because of it's bright, neon colors and that isn't usually what you think of when you consider these ultra modern or modern homes. This is a minimalist style and while I love the architechtural style of moderns, I dislike the over use of white. It's too drab and boring for my taste. This shows that we can enjoy both worlds. I can easily see this house in Miami, which already uses these fun, bright tropical colors. I would love to use this as a model for a new modern dollhouse design!

No comments:

Post a Comment