Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ten year old French model Thylane Loubry Blondeau


French model Thylane Loubry Blondeau has attained some very coveted fashion gigs, including a cover and spread in the French Vogue magazine. So what's the controversy about? The fact that she is just ten years old. That has many people asking, how young is too young to model?

Blondeau is the daughter of former soccer player, Patrick Blondeau, and Veronika Loubry, a news reporter turned fashion designer.

There is no denying that this beautiful girl has a huge fashion career ahead of her and many in the industry are calling her the next IT girl. Critics however are saying that a girl of her age should not be photographed wearing so much makeup and striking "suggestive" poses. They say that it "sexualizes" young women. I hate to burst their bubble, but young women and girls have been sexualized by our society long before Ms. Blondeau was ever born.



The modeling industry is all about youth. The critics insist that she should wait until she is older and that no child this young should be modeling. How long would they have these girls wait? The oldest model ever signed to Elite was 25. Yes, you heard me, the oldest. Towards the time when I stepped back from modeling, I was doing shows with girls who were 14 years old. I myself started modeling at the age of 8. Did I grow up too fast? Was I exploited? Hardly. My parents never pushed me into modeling and I was free to quit any time. In truth, I enjoyed traveling, I enjoyed modeling and I still to this day love fashion.

The majority of the critics have no understanding of the modeling or fashion industry. Modeling is art, it's acting. Models portray characters whether it be on film or the runway. When I was not working, I wasn't out playing with my friends wearing high heels, my hair coiffed and make up that took a few hours to apply. I know this model isn't doing so either.

No one knows what this young models home life is really like. As long as she is happy and grounded then I don't see any problem with this. If people see these images and think of sex, then those are issues that need to be addressed by the people having those thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment